We are delighted to be supporting a growing FinTech business in their search for a senior Finance and Risk leader - Directeur General Délégué(e) - for their newly created and launched French entity in Paris. The company are UK based hence the need for a fluent English and French speaker for the appointment.
The role will closely support the President of their French office as their right-hand person working closely with the head of finance in the UK. In order to achieve your goals, you'll be tasked with implementing and executing the business's financial, risk and operational strategies, ensuring that compliance and control systems are operating effectively and capital is allocated efficiently. This position comes with clear responsibility and accountability as a key function holder for France but also the opportunity as a senior member of the global Finance and Treasury organisation.
Your responsibilities will be:
- Lead, coordinate and take responsibility for the daily operations of Finance, Compliance, Risk, Control, and Accounting functions for France as the key function holder
- Implement and contribute to the ongoing development of systems, processes, internal controls and policies that will scale with future growth of both the local organisation and the Group systems
- Responsible for all aspects of the finance and accounting operations for the French entity, including financial reporting (e.g. preparing monthly, quarterly, and annual financial statements), forecasts, planning, budgeting, financial analysis, cash management, payroll and tax, procurement, and risk management. This includes communication and reporting for regulators, financial and tax authorities and Group HQ in the UK.
- Perform in-depth financial analysis, including analysing margins, client pricing, variance analyses and key drivers of business performance
- Lead regular and ad hoc strategic financial planning
- Develop and implement benchmarks for measuring progress on financial and operating KPIs
- Ensure compliance with reporting requirements and coordinate financial and internal audits
- Be the senior relationship holder for key local business partners including banks (transactions and funding), insurers, auditors etc
- Bachelor's degree in Finance, Accounting or related field of expertise
- At least 7 to 10 years' experience or equivalent in a financial management-level position in a regulated environment at a financial services company or bank - ESSENTIAL - and the firm needs someone with experience working in a French regulated Financial Services company.
- Broad finance experience (including IFRS) and French tax regimes
- Proven ability to instil a mindset of operational excellence that emphasises execution
- Excited to operate in an agile environment, juggling priorities of multiple internal and external projects, and driving all projects to completion
- Able to work independently and as part of a collective
- Strong verbal and written communication skills in French and English
- Experience with NetSuite (or similar platforms) and manage integration to other tools (e.g. CRM, business intelligence, etc)
Salary on offer is up to 100,000€ base plus benefits and bonus.
Eames Consulting is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.