Currently working with a Global Hedge Fund based in the West End who are seeking to recruit into their Financial Control team. The role will take responsibility for the oversight and reporting of a number of their Legal Entities
The position would suit a Qualified Accountant (Audit Background) who has post qualified Financial Accounting experience either within Financial Services and is seeking to take on more responsibility. The firm are one of the major players within the Hedge Fund world and offer an excellent platform to accelerate your career
Key Responsibilities .
- Ownership of a number of Legal Entities and responsible for end to end reporting - oversight of statements prepared by juniors (PQ & Chartered Accountants)
- Monthly & Quarterly closing of the ledgers and reporting on key financials
- Assist in preparation of budgets, forecasts and business plans and continued monitoring & review of performance against them to enable robust reporting of variances to regional and senior management.
- Interaction with operations, legal, and tax departments as well as local administrator.
- Assistance with EMEA Finance projects and process improvements.
- Assist preparation of internal management reporting, capital and liquidity stress tests, and other local regulatory filings and surveys.
- Support on the audit, working with external auditors to answer queries
- Qualified Accountant with 4/5 years Post Qualified Experience
- Trained within a Top 6 Audit Firm - preferably with experience of auditing management companies of a hedge fund or asset management companies
- Proven industry experience, preferably working in a Financial Services firm
- Knowledge of UK GAAP, US GAAP and UK regulatory reporting requirements
- Excellent analytical skills and judgment
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong technical proficiency with web applications and MS Office
- Ability to multi-task as well as meet short deadlines in a demanding environment
- Proactive individual with strong interpersonal and client service skills
- Strong Microsoft Excel and PowerPoint skills; Knowledge of Tableau is a plus
Eames Consulting is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.