A unique and rare opportunity to join a newly established family office in a part time capacity as their first Finance hire; suited to someone coming from a family office or private clients background. This role will focus on a lot of the transactional elements of finance and accounting, supporting the HNWI around formalising and professionalising their personal office set-up, with scope for the role to increase in responsibility and seniority over time.
Please note this role is entirely remote working based / working from home and as such there's masses of flexibility to tweak hours around other commitments, for example children and/or a family, so long as you're based somewhere in the UK.
Responsibilities will include:
- Establishing a centralised credit card system
- Agreeing and implementing a process for payment authority when HNWI's sign off is required
- Becoming a signatory on bank accounts up to certain amount
- Setting up HNWI's family finances
- Setting budgets for ongoing costs and projects
- Checking contracts for services
- Reviewing and renewing insurance policies
- Being the Finance point of contact and checking invoices, payments, general cash management
- Running and closely overseeing credit cards of staff and setting agreed limits with HNWI
- Overseeing payroll
- Monitoring and reconciling bank accounts
- Liaising at primary level with tax advisers
- Producing monthly management reports detailing cost vs budget with variance analysis
- Producing quarterly wealth statements
- Preferred experience of working in a Family Office or with private clients and HNWIs - this is essential
- Prior experience in hands on transactional finance / book keeping based roles
- Team player but happy to work from home
- Willing to deal with menial tasks but capable of working at a higher level
- Tech savvy and good with Excel
- Friendly, confidential, trustworthy
Salary on offer is around £40-45,000 (net) on a 3 days a week basis with flexibility to tailor your hours according to your home set-up and/or other part time arrangements.
Eames Consulting is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.