PURPOSE OF THE JOB:
This role is being recruited to strengthen the finance team, improve the control environment and support improvements in business processes with more automation of the month end process. The role covers the 3 core areas as set out below.
The candidate should enjoy a fast-paced and evolving working environment. They will work closely with numerous stakeholders from various departments across all of our regions, including Front Office, Compliance, Technology and Marketing.
The group strongly encourages personal development of their employees, and therefore would be willing to support relevant training.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Support financial and risk reporting processes
- Assist with the year-end audit process
- Prepare year-end financial statements
- Assist with the annual budget process
- Support the finance team, CFO and other parts of the business in operational and regulatory matters
- Suggest improvements to processes, implement new processes and controls to increase productivity, accuracy and efficiency
- Responsible for processing global payroll across all of our regions, liaising with payroll providers and HR
- Responsible for payroll tax submissions and reporting, not limited to PAYE, PSA and P11Ds
- Submit monthly pension submissions to pension provider
- Process and reconcile all payroll entries and associated payroll accruals on a monthly basis
- Calculate monthly internally generated software calculation and documenting appropriate intangibles accounting policy
- Perform balance sheet substantiation of Bullet, working with Settlements and Treasury and suggesting process improvements
- Reconcile the Bullet financial system to Sage accounting system on a monthly basis
- Invoice and automate reporting for payment clients, working with other areas of the business to make this scalable
- Part / Fully Qualified accountant
- Experience with Fianancial Accounting within a mid sized firm
- Exposure to Payroll journals would be beneficial
- Strong month end skills
- Hands-on attitude to work
- Desire to learn and develop
- Attention to detail and strong time management skills
- Excellent Excel skills
- Strong knowledge of accounting and bookeeping procedures
- Experience with Power BI, Sage 200 & Caseware desirable
Eames Consulting is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.