Leading International Bank is currently searching for a Financial Accountant to join their London subsidiary. This role is an ideal opportunity for a newly qualified ACA from Audit who is looking to make their first move into the banking industry.
- Key role in the production of Group Reporting on a monthly and quarterly basis.
- Production of year-end Statutory Accounts and Annual Report, including those related to Climate Risk.
- Deal with and ensure compliance with tax issues including withholding tax, VAT, and Corporation Tax. This includes the discussion of tax issues with the tax advisor.
- Maintenance of the Trial Balance mapping - classifying accounts and defining where the accounts should be placed in the hierarchy.
- Day to day controls over Balance Sheet and Profit & Loss, including the monitoring of suspense accounts.
- Performance of daily reconciliations between front and back office systems.
- Implement and control GL account ownership policy.
- Maintain a flexible approach and undertake various ad hoc projects as and when required.
- Provide cover for various ad hoc tasks for other teams in Finance as delegated by the line manager.
- Newly Qualified ACA from a top 10 audit firm
- Currently working in Financial Services (Banking) Audit
- Good Knowledge of accounting for banking products
- Strong Academic Background - minimum 2:1 degree
- Proven Analytical and problem solving
- Good understanding of finance related IT infrastructure and software
This role is a unique position working closely with the senior financial reporting manager and will provide the successful candidate an excellent platform to build a career into Banking Finance. The role involves regular interaction with both internal and external stakeholders so it is essential that you have strong interpersonal skills
Eames Consulting is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.