Business facing 12 month maternity cover Financial Controller role at a growing medium to large sized financial services company, with the Finance Director open to seeing people from all industries and sectors.
Please note the firm is looking for someone to start end of February or early March at the latest and as such can't consider people who aren't immediately available or on a short notice period.
The business has grown exponentially in the last 5 years via a couple of high profile acquisitions and operates across the retail finance space with additional interests in asset management. This end to end role is a hands-on position with a dual reporting line into the Managing Director and Finance Director and as such provides ample opportunity for you to fine tune your technical as well as business partnering skills in a fast-paced and entrepreneurial operating environment.
Responsibilities will include:
- Preparation and delivery of monthly management accounts to Group Finance
- Ownership and preparation of monthly finance reports, provided to the Executive Team and Managing Director, along with variance analysis against budget and prior periods, providing insightful analysis and be challenged on outcomes reported
- Preparation of annual budget
- Preparation of monthly P&L and cash flow forecasts
- Review of monthly client invoicing and debtor management
- Preparation of the stat accounts and some minor subsidiaries
- Be the key point of contact for the Auditors
- Manage 3 junior accounts assistants who cover the core month end and day to day transactional tasks
- Review and approve payments from the Company bank accounts
- Ensure a robust system of internal control, reviewing payments, monthly bank and balance sheet reconciliations, petty cash and company spending trends
- Keep abreast of developments within UK financial reporting requirements
- Work on other ad hoc projects
- Qualified Accountant - ACA, CA, ACCA or equivalent - with at least 3 to 4 years PQE in a finance manager, financial controller or similar management role.
- Experience in any sector or industry and prior experience in financial services is not essential.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills; confident presenting to a Board and managing C-suite level stakeholders internally as well as numerous relationships externally.
- Proactive and positive attitude towards change; not afraid to shake things up.
Salary on offer is £80-90,000 base plus retention bonus upon completion of the 12 month contract.
Eames Consulting is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.