Market-leading, boutique and highly respected Capital Markets firm with impressive growth plans is looking to appoint a Financial Controller to their London operations.
This is an ideal role for someone wanting an end-to-end position, covering everything in Finance in addition to working closely with the CFO, COO and CEO as their trusted business partner.
- Oversee all finance and accounting operations
- Preparation of monthly management accounts and other management information
- Coordinate preparation of group forecasts and budgets, and other ad hoc papers for consideration by the Board
- Manage the bi-annual audit process and preparation of financial statements
- Prepare annual statutory accounts for the parent company and two operating subsidiaries
- Ensure compliance with all regulatory reporting requirements including FCA returns, ICAAP preparation and the recovery and resolution plan
- Prepare monthly and quarterly FCA returns for the regulated subsidiary companies
- Partner with front office to identify and implement revenue growth opportunities, execute cost saving initiatives, provide in-depth analysis of trading performance, and make recommendations to drive profit and revenue improvements
- Act as liaison with external stakeholders including auditors
- Develop meaningful and insightful Ml to the board and senior management
- Prudent and robust management of all financial controls, systems and processes
- Involvement in ad hoc project work
- Degree educated or equivalent with formal accounting qualifications - ACA, ACCA or equivalent
- Ideally around 7 to 10 years PQE in a hands-on finance manager or financial controller role in a small to medium sized financial services business (essential)
- Experience in broking or capital markets would be a huge advantage however any background in a regulated environment would be ideal
- Exceptional communication skills, with an ability to express complex issues succinctly and clearly
- Personable and professional, adept at building up relationships with people from all walks of life
- Fast-paced, flexible and resilient
- Energy, dynamism, and passion for complex business challenges
- Organised, rigorous and disciplined
Please note this role is expected to be office based 4 to 5 days a week in central London. Salary on offer is around £80-100,000 base (DOE) plus exceptional bonus potential.
Eames Consulting is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.