Business facing and hands-on Financial Controller role at a growing medium to large sized financial services company - ideal for an experienced Financial Controller looking for a fresh challenge or a Finance Manager keen to take a step up.
The business has grown exponentially in the last 5 years via a couple of high profile acquisitions and operates across the retail finance space with additional interests in asset management. This cradle to grave role with a dual reporting line into the Managing Director and Finance Director provides ample opportunity for you to fine tune your technical accounting as well as business partnering skills in a fast-paced and entrepreneurial operating environment. Responsibilities will cover everything finance related from all month end work, cashflow and treasury management, Board packs and management accounts, interim and year end reporting, regular and ad hoc analysis for senior management and involvement in a host of project work. You'll need to be comfortable and happy getting your hands dirty in addition to managing two junior accounts assistants who'd handle the more routine and transactional tasks. The wider group is big enough to sustain long term career progression and it's more than likely this role will grow over time as the company continues to expand and acquire competitors.
The ideal candidate background:
- Degree educated or equivalent and fully qualified accountant (ACA, CA, ACCA, ACMA, CPA) with at least 3-4 years post qualification experience in a hands-on role of a similar nature
- Strong preference for someone who initially trained in practice
- Experience in financial services would be preferred but also happy to consider candidates from high growth commerce and industry organisations
- A solid CV of progression in permanent roles as opposed to someone who has been contracting
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills; confident presenting to a Board and managing C-suite level stakeholders internally as well as numerous relationships externally
- Proactive and positive attitude towards change; not afraid to shake things up
Please get in touch for immediate consideration or for more information or a confidential discussion please contact Glen Roberts at Eames Consulting Group on 020 70923231 or email@example.com
Eames Consulting is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.