A fantastic opportunity for a fluent (and ideally native) English speaker to join the fast-growing Luxembourg office of a global asset manager who specialise in real estate and distressed debt opportunities. This well-known fund manager are looking for a Financial Controller or Fund Controller individual to manage a portfolio of deals and their associated holding companies, from on-boarding through to on-going management and reporting to full involvement in the sale and disposal process. This role would suit someone with a background in real estate, private equity, private debt funds and transactions, likely gained in an accounting firm, third party administrator or in-house at another fund manager.
Experience in the Luxembourg market would be helpful but we would definitely welcome applications from people keen to re-locate provided you hold a valid UK or EU Passport or work permit AND are a native or fluent English speaker.
Responsibilities will include:
- Financial Accounting oversight for your deals and their associate entities. Most of the granular accounting work is outsourced and this role will involve the review and co-ordination of all fund financial information both internally and externally for investor reporting as well as statutory reporting purposes.
- Management of all tax reporting; co-ordinating with advisors to file returns, reporting of direct and in-direct tax compliance to Group.
- Ensure that senior funders receive accurate and timely data in accordance with funding documentation.
- Cash and liquidity management.
- Provide assistance to the deal team and asset management team to assist in all stages of the investment cycle from due diligence, execution, funding, collections and disposals.
- Degree educated and preferably formal accounting qualifications - ACA/CA, ACCA, CPA or equivalent.
- At least 10 years plus experience working in or with alternative asset managers like real estate or private equity on cross-border transactions; familiarity with the accounting/reporting, tax and transaction management cycle.
- More than likely coming from a fund services or fund administration business or from an in-house role in another fund manager.
- Strong Excel skills and generally systems savvy.
- Strong communications skills at all levels, with this role likely to liaise with stakeholders internally and externally and be the finance representative on deal closings.
- Able to prioritise, work to deadlines and oversee a multitude of tasks; self-starter and able to work on own initiative.
- Exceptional team player and a solutions oriented person.
Eames Consulting is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.