High Growth Insurance Managing Agent backed by a Global Insurance Group is seeking an ambitious accountant to be the first hire in their rapidly expanding Finance team. The role has been created as the company looks to bring its finance function in house and as the Financial controller you will be overseeing the growth and development of the finance department with a large amount of support from senior management. The role offers flexible hybrid working with time split between the company office in Bromley, group headquarters in London and remote working.
- Oversight of treasury management and cash flow forecasting
- Lead management reporting to the international business including the US Group
- Key role in the development and formalisation of finance process
- Oversight of the monthly financial reporting and close process.
- Cash management, forecasting and reconciliation
- Quarterly financial reporting including supporting Tax and Compliance requirements
- Financial projects as required
- Support the implementation of general ledger and record keeping
Experience and qualifications:
- Qualified Accountant (ACA, ACCA or CPA) with post qualification ideally within the Insurance or Financial Services sector
- Proven experience in Financial Reporting or Control role gained within industry
- Strong process improvement and finance project skills
- Good knowledge and awareness of accounting standards - UK GAAP (desirable but not essential)
- Excellent stakeholder management skills
- Experience of using accounting systems - SAGE, Workday or MS Dynamics (desirable but no essential - training will be provided)
This is an ideal role for a candidate looking to take ownership within a Finance function and expand their management capabilities along side the production of processes and functions as the team grows. The role will involve regular involvement with the CEO and Group Head of Finance therefore offering high visibility and career progression.
Eames Consulting is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.