A top tier listed wealth and investment management firm is looking to appoint an experienced financial controls, operational risk, assurance candidate into a newly created and highly visible position in their finance team. The company are a market leading and vibrant employer with a sociable and outgoing culture and solid track record of internal progression - with this role being created due to an internal move.
The role will be required to support the control team across the finance controls and operational risk framework, as well as providing ongoing planning and process management support for finance team's activities. The role will also indirectly supervise a junior accountant.
Responsibilities will include:
- Ensuring that the Finance function develops and maintains appropriate levels of risk management capability
- Development and enhancement of finance controls and finance risk framework
- Ensuring the finance owned policies and procedures are being adhered to and remain "fit for purpose"
- Provide assurance over statutory accounts and regulatory reports
- Facilitation of the balance sheet attestation process
- Involvement in ad hoc project work
- A recognised accounting qualification (ACA, ACCA, CIMA or equivalent)
- Experience of working in a finance control / risk management team within a regulated environment; experience in financial services and/or a listed company or larger company environment is preferred
- Experience of working on multiple tasks and responding quickly to management requests
- Ability to stay knowledgeable on technical accounting and business issues
Salary on offer is £60-70,000 depending on experience plus benefits and a very healthy target bonus. If you are interested in this role please apply below or contact me for more information.
Eames Consulting is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.