A fast growing and highly acquisitive Real Estate Investment Manager are seeking to appoint their first Financial Controller for their London head office, owing to successful fund raises and significant scaling up of their operations. This far reaching and commercial role would suit someone with a background in Fund Accounting who is keen to take the next step up in their career, with oversight for all of finance on both the corporate and funds side, in addition to providing support to the CFO around transactions.
Responsibilities will include:
- Managing a small finance team
- Ensure meeting the monthly, quarterly, annual reporting requirements to internal and external stakeholders, including regulatory and tax compliance / reporting
- Production of GAAP compliant financial statements, audit schedules, tax computations etc in order to manage the external audit process effectively
- Ensure compliance with internal process controls and governance
- Financial planning, budgeting and forecasting processes
- Prepare ad hoc internal reports as and when required, relating to capital calls, investor reporting and investment statements
- Liaising with various external advisers (third party fund administrators, tax advisers, auditors and bankers)
In terms of background we're keen to speak to people who have formal accounting qualifications - ACA, CA, ACCA, ACMA, CPA or equivalent - and it's likely you'll be around the 5-8 years PQE mark or similar. Experience of working in a fund is essential, be that real estate or property or a related asset class like private equity, debt, credit or hedge funds.
The key point to make on this role is that this is a small company of around 15 people (but growing) and its key that you have a positive and hands-on attitude and willingness to get stuck into whatever comes your way; the good, the bad and the ugly. In return you're likely to learn a lot in a short space of time, gain exposure to a host of career enhancing opportunities and this role is yours to set up, build out and create - when does this happen? Longer term the role is likely to naturally evolve in seniority and complexity as the fund continues to raise capital.
Salary is £80-85,000 base plus benefits and discretionary (but chunky) bonus.
Eames Consulting is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.