A rare opportunity to get in early to a start up venture capital fund, as they approach the start of fund raising for their inaugural fund. Established by a number of Partners who have come out of a much larger manager with impeccable track records, their focus is purely on tech opportunities across the UK and Europe and as such this presents a superb opportunity to get in early post fund formation.
The Managing Partner is open to hiring someone either full time or part time, as either a straight permanent employee or initial 12 month fixed term contract; given their start up nature a lot of flexibility is on offer.
People on a short or no notice period are also very strongly encouraged to apply.
Responsibilities will include:
- Coordinating with administrator to complete quarterly management accounts, annual statutory accounts, payroll, accounts payable and payments
- Completion of FP&A processes for the firm, including cash monitoring and budgeting
- Support on transactions
- Implementing processes and systems as the business grows
- Input on fundraise (selecting service providers, establishing processes and procedures, DDQs)
- Supervision of Office Manager
- Supplier relationships, e.g. outsourced functions (administrator, IT), office lease
- Completion of reporting to the Partnership and Management Committees
- Support with other non investment aspects of the business as and when.
- Qualified accountant with experience in-house at an alternatives manager like private equity, venture capital or similar. Or alternatively a background in third party administration.
- Broad base of experiences on the corporate and/or funds side - at least a few years PQE or equivalent.
- Strong personality, adaptable, able to think on your feet, comfortable in a fluid and unstructured working environment.
- The role reports into the Managing Partner with the need for someone happy being autonomous and operating as part of a small but sociable, supportive and close knit team.
The position is likely to be entirely remotely based initially given the current UK Covid situation but will revert to hybrid office/home based working at some point in early 2022 and you must be comfortable coming into the office near Green Park at least a few days a week.
Salary on offer is £70-75,000 plus benefits and bonus. This could be the full time salary or part time equivalent amount but is the total budget for the hire in terms of salary. Tier 2 visa sponsorship is not possible for this role.
Eames Consulting is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.