A rare opportunity to get in early to a start up venture capital fund, as they approach the start of fund raising for their inaugural fund. Established by a number of Partners who have come out of a much larger manager with impeccable track records, their focus is purely on tech opportunities across the UK and Europe.
The Managing Partner is open to hiring someone either full time or part time for 12 months, given their start up nature BUT with the likelihood that this will convert into a permanent role. As such we need people able to start by February at the absolute latest (ideally sooner).
Responsibilities will include:
- Coordinating with administrator to complete quarterly management accounts, annual statutory accounts, payroll, accounts payable and payments
- Completion of FP&A processes for the firm, including cash monitoring and budgeting
- Support on transactions
- Implementing processes and systems as the business grows
- Input on fundraise (selecting service providers, establishing processes and procedures, DDQs)
- Supervision of Office Manager
- Supplier relationships, e.g. outsourced functions (administrator, IT), office lease
- Completion of reporting to the Partnership and Management Committees
- Support with other non investment aspects of the business as and when.
- Qualified accountant with experience in-house at an alternatives manager like private equity, venture capital or similar. Or alternatively a background in third party administration.
- Broad base of experiences on the corporate and/or funds side - at least a few years PQE or equivalent.
- Strong personality, adaptable, able to think on your feet, comfortable in a fluid and unstructured working environment.
- The role reports into the Managing Partner with the need for someone happy being autonomous and operating as part of a small but sociable, supportive and close knit team.
The position is likely to be entirely remotely based initially given the current UK Covid situation but will revert to hybrid office/home based working at some point in early 2022 and you must be comfortable coming into the office near Green Park at least a few days a week.
Salary on offer is £70-75,000 plus benefits and bonus. This could be the full time salary or part time equivalent amount but is the total budget for the hire in terms of salary. Tier 2 visa sponsorship is not possible for this role.
Eames Consulting is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.