Leading insurance and reinsurer are currently looking for a seasoned and solution focused financial crime compliance professional to join the team.
You will join an advisory function providing support and advise on the identification, measurement and management of its Financial Crime risks. The function is accountable for maintaining the Financial Crime compliance standards, framework, and reporting on our Financial Crime risk profile. The activities of this team are focused on providing second line of defence activities and a key aspect of this role is to support and challenge the first line appropriately in order to mitigate Financial Crime risk.
Contribute to the development and maintenance of the Financial Crime Risk Management framework through key activities including but not limited to:
- The Financial Crime Enterprise Wide Risk Assessment;
- Development and review of Financial Crime policies and procedures;
- Preparation of draft Financial Crime reports, both internal and external;
- Collation, analysis and reporting of Financial Crime management information
- Acting a first point of contact in respect of Financial Crime queries and escalations and provide advisory support;
- Maintain registers e.g. those related to PEPs, Associated Persons.
- Supporting the identification and reporting of suspicious activity;
- Attending meetings as a delegate for the Financial Crime team as required;
- Monitoring legislation and enforcement notices (FCA) for potential impact on the Financial Crime Program and escalate appropriately.
- Support the Financial Crime Risk Committee secretariat through key activities
Key skills and experience required:
- An understanding and track record of the principles and practice of insurance and reinsurance business.
- The ability to work individually with minimal supervision or as part of a professional team
- deploying problem resolution skills, typically using existing solutions.
- Maintain awareness of industry and regulatory developments.
- Strong organisational skills.
- A flexible approach to work assignments and the ability to cope with change in a positive and constructive manner.
- The ability to support discussions and negotiations which have been agreed firstly with line management.
- Willingness to embrace new ideas/procedures.
- The ability to participate in projects and processes.
- A basic understanding of the applicable Financial Crime regulations and controls deployed to mitigate associated risk.
Eames Consulting is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.