This global insurer are seeking experienced insurance (P&C) candidates to join their UK Financial Crime function.
Please note that prior experience in a similar role within general insurance/broking is essential.This role can be based in any of their UK locations with flexible/agile working.
This is a varied and interesting role supporting a number of Financial Crime processes. The role will ideally suit individuals with extensive Financial Crime regulatory and practical application knowledge and, in particular experience in monitoring Financial Crime control, sanctions and other governance related activities.
- Provision of Financial Crime Advice and support to all areas of the UK business including assessment of operational processes, policies and procedures and assisting in review and updating them as required and in line with the Financial Crime Framework and both local and Group policies
- Supporting the management of key financial crime framework components including key governance forums, risk and controls assessment processes, 2nd line monitoring and review, issue management and response and contributing to regular internal reports.
- Support and where appropriate manage key external reporting requirements e.g. regulatory reporting and submissions
- Design, implement and deliver mandatory and higher risk employee Financial Crime Training in multiple formats
- Communicate key Financial Crime updates to the UK business
- Undertake 2nd line oversight and monitoring of ABC, AML, Sanctions, Market Abuse and controls across our UK entities.
- Leading role in managing controls related to third party financial crime risk management, including delegated authorities, outsourced and strategic suppliers.
- Assist with Group led activities including deep dive reviews and Financial Crime compliance across individual Entities as well as UK.
Skills and experience required:
- Strong business partnering and communication skills
- Knowledge and understanding of General Insurance market in the UK including distribution arrangements
- Solid Financial Crime regulatory experience and practical application knowledge of Anti-Money Laundering, Anti-Bribery & Anti-Corruption, Trade & Economic Sanctions and Market Abuse
- Experience of Financial Crime monitoring and governance related activities
- Experience of designing and implementing Financial Crime training and communications
- ICA Financial Crime / Sanctions / AML Diploma or Advanced Certificate or similar
- A recognised legal qualification or experience - law degree / CILEx or similar
- Experience and understanding of practical application of FATCA / Common Reporting Standards / Automatic Exchange of Tax information requirements.
Eames Consulting is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.