The role will ideally suit individuals with extensive Financial Crime regulatory and practical application knowledge and, in particular experience in designing and communicating Financial Crime Policies, procedures and other governance related activities.
- Provision of AML, Sanctions and other Financial Crime Advice and support to all areas of the UK business including assessment of operational processes, policies and procedures and assisting in review and updating them as required and in line with the Financial Crime Framework and both local and Group policies
- Reporting including working with relevant business areas and leading the production of annual Risk Based Approach reviews and supporting annual MLRO Board reporting
- Supporting production and management of key financial crime framework components including risk assessment documentation, process maps and procedure guides
- Support and where appropriate manage key external reporting requirements e.g. regulatory reporting and submissions
- Coordinator of UK Nominated Officers in respect of SARs, External Enquiry, PEP and Sanctions investigations including advising on and where appropriate making external reports to NCA, OFSI and other law Enforcement and regulatory agencies;
- Undertaking 2nd line of Defence monitoring of first line activities, conducting reviews and producing relevant internal and external reports and tracking resolution of issues arising, supporting more junior staff and performing quality assurance for other investigators.
- Managing Financial Crime project activity, including training and support of AML /Sanctions Networks, Supporting Group Policy development, implementation and maintenance and ad hoc projects as may be required.
Skills and experience required:
- Strong business partnering and communication skills
- Knowledge and understanding of Life and Savings and General Insurance market in the UK including distribution arrangements
- Extensive Financial Crime regulatory and practical application knowledge and, in particular experience in designing and communicating Financial Crime Policies, procedures and other governance related activities.
- ICA Financial Crime / Sanctions / AML Diploma or Advanced Certificate or similar
Eames Consulting is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.