A fast growing Venture Capital firm with an exceptional reputation and portfolio of tech-orientated start-ups is seeking to appoint a Financial Data Analyst into a newly created role. This crucial new position will be an essential point of contact and partner to the CFO and investment team, sitting in finance but supporting a busy and highly active front office with a mixture of commercial and financial analysis, data analytics and financial modelling. Whilst this role will offer phenomenal exposure to the deal life cycle, it's very much a front office support position aimed at someone coming from a financial or data analytics orientated background.
Responsibilities will include:
- Support the investment team and Partners with an array of ad hoc analytical requests related to the existing portfolio as well as potential acquisitions. Most requests will be financial or data in nature and require someone who can think holistically and apply both commercial as well as 'finance/accounting' common sense.
- Own the design, development, and maintenance of ongoing metrics, reports, analysis, dashboards etc to drive decision making.
- Support the CFO around developing regular FP&A as well as portfolio MI.
- Deal and asset level scenario modelling.
- At least 5 to 6 years or equivalent experience in an analytical/quantitative role that's data analytics orientated, preferably with some exposure to investment management, private equity or venture capital. This could have been gained in-house at a fund or via relevant client work in a Big 4 or mid tier accounting firm or at a consulting practice.
- Accounting qualifications or CFA preferred
- Comfortable working in a fluid, unstructured and fast paced environment where a large percentage of your role will be to support ad hoc, random and unpredictable requests.
- Comfortable building from scratch basic financial models.
- Strong systems and data analytics skills - Excel, VBA. This is essential and you need to be comfortable working with large data sets to build, create and produce reports and presentations.
- Excellent communication skills; adept at writing analysis and commentary for senior stakeholders
Salary on offer is roughly £70-75,000 base plus exceptional bonus.
Eames Consulting is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.