Exclusive and unique opportunity to be a key part of building a profitable Financial Lines insurance portfolio within a dynamic, international company based within the Eu branch in Barcelona, Spain.
My client underwrites as a Global MGU with offices in Barcelona, London and New Jersey, USA. They perform specialty underwriting and claims handling for their supporting (re)insurers, offering local level service in the local language where possible.
My client is currently looking for an experienced Underwriter to join their international Financial Lines team in Barcelona, their European MGU headquarters.
Main scope of role:
- Source, underwrite and service a profitable book of Financial Lines (D&O, Crime, FI and other Financial Lines) business in Europe (focus on Germany)
- Be a key contributor to the underwriting of a profitable insurance portfolio. Be accountable for a defined top and bottom line
- Source, develop and underwrite financial lines products, like D&O, Crime, FIPI, and EPL within the German speaking market
- Assist in developing and improving financial lines products through ongoing Product Development & Innovation
- Assist in the development of new business and maintenance of existing broker relationships
- Provide proactive local presence in the designated markets as frequently as is necessary to effectively service these local markets (minimum monthly travels)
- Assist in the execution of the financial lines business plan
- Develop and maintain strong day-to-day market relationships with brokers, clients and insurers, in addition to promoting the growth and strong reputation of ANV
- Underwrite business in accordance with ANV´s Underwriting Guidelines and underwriting authority
- Remain up to date with market developments and movements concerning financial lines markets across Germany
Skills and experience required:
- Minimum 2 years of underwriting and/or broking and business development in the Financial Lines market
- In-depth understanding of and expertise in Financial Lines products
- Strong track record of profitable underwriting performance
- Wide network of long-term relationships with brokers and other distribution channels
- Experience and expertise in the SME and middle market segments
- Fluency in English and German - additional languages a strong plus
- Ability to accurately analyze complex risks
- Excellent relationship and interpersonal skills, strong external and internal communication/listening skills and developed abilities to persuade and influence
- Highly effective negotiation skills
- Strong presentation skills, both verbal and written
- Willingness to undertake frequent travel within Europe (mainly Germany)
- Competitive compensation package (composed of a fixed salary, relocation package variable bonus and excellent benefits package) based on the experience of the candidate.
If you are interested in this role, please apply below or contact me directly for a confidential discussion.