Financial Reporting Manager - Banking
International Bank is currently searching for a Financial Reporting Manager to join their London subsidiary team. This role has been created through an internal move and is an ideal position for a candidate looking for more visibility and ownership in their next role.
- Co-ordinate the production of accurate monthly and year-end Statutory Accounts and Annual Report for all UK entities on a timely basis
- Oversight and review of control activities performed e.g. journal controls, day to day control over balance sheet and P&L, account reconciliations etc.
- Product monthly consolidation and reporting to the Parent Company.
- Responsibility that all tax reporting requirements are met, including operational and fiscal reporting.
- Ensuring the Bank's Financial Statements meet all disclosure requirements including those related to Climate Risk
- Handle the Implementation of new products including associated accounting treatment under IFRS.
- Manage the relationship with Internal and External auditors.
- Assist with other Finance projects on an ad hoc basis
- Build effective working relationships with business and other support functions.
- Endeavour to minimize processing and enhance efficiency through the use of electronic data. This will include improving and developing existing manual processes in the financial and regulatory reporting team.
- Train and develop junior members of the team by improving system and process knowledge.
- Currently working in a Financial Reporting/Control role within the Banking Industry (Ideally a subsidiary or branch) - Essential
- Experienced qualified accountant with post qualified experience (ACA or ACCA)
- Good knowledge of accounting for banking products
- Experience and track record of working on finance related projects
- Strong Microsoft Excel Skills
- Proven understanding of finance related IT infrastructure
This is a unique opportunity which will provide the opportunity to have autonomy in a hands on financial reporting role. The bank offers realistic career progression opportunity to a managerial role in the future and a flexible hybrid working environment with 3 days based in the office.
Eames Consulting is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.