My client is an exciting start up reinsurance business which has been operating for roughly 9 years. It was founded by 2 senior reinsurance professionals from Europe, and is backed by a Chinese conglomorate. They have consistently posted strong financial results, despite a challenging market for insurers globally. They are looking for high calibre finance professioanals to join their Finance and Accounting team.
- Maintain accounting records, perform monthly closing and consolidation on IFRS basis for both GI and L&H reinsurance businesses in an accurate, complete and timely manner, including transaction booking and foreign currency revaluation
- Involved in data analysis, ensure good data quality by performing various reconciliations
- Identify and understand the key drivers of the financial results; closely monitor and rigorously challenge the reasonableness of the figures; and provide support in producing regular forecasts during the course of the year to ensure targets are met and managed effectively via interactive coordination with all functions
- Support planning/projection processes by providing financial estimates/ scenarios based on business planned , taking into account the requirements of the Insurance Authority and various regulators
- Prepare high quality financial analysis to facilitate business steering and decision making
- Understand accounting standard changes, eg IFRS 17 and IFRS9, support the implementation of the new accounting standard.
- Work closely with Actuaries, Underwriting and Technical Accounting Functions etc to drive the agreed working procedures / processes and take the initiative to identify areas of improvement to ensure workflow efficiency
- Support automation by involved in UAT and provide feedback report
- Monitor the aging of accounts receivables and payables including intra-group accounts balances and closely follow up with Technical Accounting team by proper reconciliation and facilitation of settlement.
- Collaborate with other team members on reporting matters, particularly during the annual financial closing
- Possess strong accounting knowledge and be able to work with the auditors to ensure the financials are true and fair
- Maintain effective internal controls over financial operations and address any control issues on a timely basis
- Prepare ad-hoc reports/presentations/analysis for management and other stakeholders
- Relevant University Degree and Accounting Qualification
- Minimum 5 years experinece in external audit or financial accounting and reporting in an insurer
- Good written and spoken English and Chinese.