A leading insurer is currently seeking a (part) qualified actuary to join their Risk Management Team.
The role has responsibility for ensuring the effective management of the financial risks faced by the business. In addition the role is also has accountability for the governance and ongoing assessment of the Internal Models to ensure their validity are in line with the risk profiles.
Additional responsibilities include:
- Provide risk oversight and challenge to the functions responsible for managing financial risks, making recommendations for improvements in the control environment where necessary.
- Develop and maintain strategic relationships with the C-suite and Heads of business functions. Proactively influence the Senior Stakeholders in ensuring the effective management of financial risks for which they retain accountability.
- To design and implement an effective governance framework, ensuring there is appropriate oversight in place
- Accountable for delivery of all internal model interaction areas owned by Risk Management: capital elements of the ORSA, Use Test, stress testing
- Demonstrable actuarial and technical risk management skills are essential
- Knowledge of Risk management and solvency II requirements
- Familiarity with Capital Modelling / management of Financial Risk
Eames Consulting is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.