My client is a top global composite insurer looking for Financial Planning & Analysis (FP&A) professionals for their finance team. This is a great role which will be involved in assisting strategic decisions while also performing regular FP&A tasks. Candidates should be fluent in English and Chinese. They should also have good excel skills and good communication and presentation skills. The title for this position is either Assistant Manager/Manager.
Assist Head of FP&A to develop and implement business budget and the strategic plan process:
- Work with department managers and actuaries to prepare the 3 years strategic plan and the yearly budget
- Assist in the plan preparation discussions with internal departments, Regional Office and Head Office Planning departments
- Conduct research necessary to prepare forecasts using multiple scenarios; reviews trends and regulatory changes impacting business
- Conduct market benchmark to provide comparisons
Support the Managers in the control and execution of budget and strategic plan:
- Prepare actual vs budget performance report and analyze the variances
- Complete Group required templates for the review and analyze business performance, including a review of actual and budgeted data
- Assist in developing policies & processes on budget monitoring and control
- Support Managers to prepare special management reports for senior management with robust commentary and financial analysis
Ensuring efficient and timely on-going budget review & supporting the Managers & Head of Planning to serve the needs of business heads:
- Prepare actual vs budget reports on a monthly/quarterly/annual basis in collaboration with the Business Units, Accounting, and Actuarial departments, identifying any areas of concern and remedial actions
- Organize budget meetings with all departments.
- Assist preparation of group reports to the Regional Office and Head Office departments
- Review operational and financial reports, make recommendation for improvements; works with departments to compile data necessary to analyze and determine operational and financial efficiency;
- Conducts cost-benefit analyses as required to assist in making management decisions regarding benefits of current and proposed program proposals, capital budgets, etc.; creates financial models
- Reviews performance indicators of business activity, prepares comparisons with benchmarks;
- Assists with the compilation of routine and ad hoc reports as needed
Qualification and Experience Requirement
Education: Degree holder in accounting and finance with accounting qualification
Experience: 5+ years of hands on experience in management / financial reporting and planning experience in insurance companies
- Proficiency in PC skills (i.e. MS Excel, Word, Powerpoint); experience in Life400, SUN Accounting System, Cognos & Tm1.
- Able to multi task regularly and meet tight deadlines. A natural team player and self-motivated with good attention to detail and accuracy.
- Fluent in English