On behalf of our International Finance client we are seeking highly skilled Fullstack Developers to become apart of a growing, dynamic & entrepreneurial team.
You will join a team of software engineers for the technology platform within the Technology & Operations department. As a software engineer, you will work closely in multi-functional teams to shape the technology platform that fulfil their business and product vision and ultimately bring value to their customers and partners by disrupting the traditional insurance proposition. This will require seeking complex problems within a distributed infrastructure by designing, implementing and testing simple, scalable, reliable and configurable solutions.
Your responsibilities include:
- Design and implement new features and/or components within our platform and develop prototypes quickly to allow an iterative approach
- Deliver high-quality code, focusing on simplicity, performance, maintainability and scalability
- Optimise applications and components to maximize configurability, speed and efficiency, ease of development of new features and the ability to scale business processes
- Create common libraries and frameworks demonstrated across the platform to streamline development of complex applications
- End-to-end responsibility on the applications implemented, including automated testing, monitoring, identifying issues or bottlenecks and delivering improvements of the platform.
- Proven software development capabilities, i.e. 5+ years hands-on experience as a full-stack developer.
- Experienced in the following languages and frameworks:
- Mandatory: Enterprise Java
- Optional: Camunda, Kafka, RestAssured, WireMock, OpenShift, AWS
- Experience with high-traffic micro services architectures and best practices around designing, scaling and monitoring concurrent systems (using different technologies and preferably RESTful APIs and message passing protocols)
- You carefully evaluate design trade-offs and strive for simple, elegant, algorithmically efficient solutions
- Your code is easy to read, test and re-use and you constantly improve quality over time
- You understand performance metrics, how to collect and use them to continuously improve performance, scalability and efficiency
- Experience in the design of data-models for relational and NoSQL data stores
- Experience in test-drive-development (TDD) and in the automated testing of APIs and user interfaces
- Great team player: you collaborate effectively with team members, express technical leadership supporting your views and ideas while keeping open to different opinions, being fearless and always supplying to the overall growth of the team
- Open to pair programming and XP techniques
- Continuous learner who stays up-to-date with the latest trends and carefully vet with proper pragmatism and long-term vision the adoption of new technologies
- Master's degree in computer science, engineering or equivalent working experience
- Ability to speak and write English fluently
You will be required to be on-site in their offices in Zurich on an employed basis.
We can only consider applicants that are EU Nationals, Swiss Citizens or Swiss Permit Holders (no sponsorship is available).
If this is something you want to learn more about, then simply apply with your CV or contact me directly: email@example.com
Eames Consulting is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.