A superb opportunity for a career minded fund controller, fund accountant or funds finance person to join this high-growth asset manager in a newly created role. With year on year successes since launching over ten years ago, the firm have a broad array of strategies, investing into private markets as well as listed funds. Their selling point has always been culture and since day one they've embraced flexible and agile working and are proud of their high levels of employee engagement.
Reporting into the FD, key responsibilities will include:
Fund Management & Reporting
- Provide timely and accurate monthly management accounts and NAV reporting for all funds - closed and open ended including listed vehicles
- Prepare best-in-class quarterly finance reports for ExCo and External Boards
- Prepare reporting for the portfolio, comprising the NAV and key performance measurements
- Assist in the bi-annual valuations process for portfolio companies
- Responsible for liaising with teams on all fund transactions such as investments, disposals, allotments, buybacks, dividends, share premium cancellations
- Ad hoc financial analysis and/or requests
- Assist with preparing the annual and long term fund level budgets and forecasts
- Support the launch of new funds, ensuring the reporting framework and structures are appropriate
- Prepare a five year viability statement for each fund for Board level review
Statutory, tax and regulatory
- Complete all statutory reporting for the fund and ensure deadlines are strictly adhered to. This includes managing the interim and year-end process, audit deliverables, producing the annual reports and liaising with the auditors.
- Complete all regulatory reporting for the fund
- Complete HMRC submissions on an annual basis, liaising with external advisers as required
- Submit tax returns on an annual basis, liaising with external advisers as required
- Maintain robust review and control procedures to ensure that all statutory, regulatory, tax returns and management reports are completed accurately and in a timely manner.
- Review all existing processes, recommending and implementing enhancements where appropriate to ensure that robust processes and control are embedded to allow to move towards an error free environment
- Support the transformation of the Finance function and general professionalisation of the team
- Qualified accountant - ACA, CA, ACCA or equivalent - and likely to be around the 4-5 years PQE mark or similar
- A background in fund accounting for ideally open ended or listed funds is preferred given the specialist nature of what's required
- Commercially minded and keen to interpret and tell the story around the numbers
- Adaptable and proactive - willing to be hands-on
- Personable and professional; comfortable talking to and advising internal and external stakeholders
- Strong written, numerical and communication skills
- Systems literate and savvy, especially in Excel
Salary on offer is around £80-85,000 plus benefits and bonus. Hybrid working arrangement and expectations you're office based 3 days a week (Mayfair).
Eames Consulting is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.