Incredibly broad and commercial senior role at a diversified asset manager; ideally suited to someone coming from a traditional investment manager, pension fund or hedge fund background. The firm have gone through phenomenal growth in the last few years, increasing AUM and launching new strategies across alternatives as well as private markets whilst maintaining a high performance but down to earth and sociable culture. They've also fully embraced hybrid working and offer a flexible and forward thinking set-up that allows you freedom to balance your work and life/personal commitments.
This is a pivotal management role focused on their core range of mostly open ended funds, as well as some closed end funds, managed accounts and segregated mandates & would primarily focus on oversight of the fund administrator relationship, internal reporting/analysis, valuations and working with the service provider to launch new products.
- Reconciliation of data between the accounting service provider and external managers, resolving material differences
- Valuation of the investment portfolio escalating exceptions as appropriate
- NAV calculation reviews and confirms
- Oversee manager fees checks, expenses and performance fee calculations
- Ensure accurate and timely accounting data flow through to financial reporting systems
- Management of the year end process for all funds
- Oversee the main service provider relationship ensuring appropriate controls and reporting are in place, including regular internal reporting around performance against SLAs
- Support the implementation of new derivative instruments, sourcing and ensuring appropriate valuation agents are in place
- Support general queries and requests for accounting data / information
- Involvement in various ad hoc projects related to process and systems improvement
- Management, leadership and guidance of a small team
- Qualified accountant - ACA/CA, ACCA, ACMA, CPA or equivalent with a background in fund accounting for a wide range of asset classes and strategies across equities, fixed income, derivatives, private markets or hedge funds.
- Experience in accounting and valuation of listed and OTC derivatives instruments.
- A strong understand of different fund structures including hedge funds, limited partnerships, managed accounts etc.
- Experience of working with outsourced accounting service providers and valuation agents
- Highly IT literate and systems savvy
- Ability to work on systems projects as well as non-systems change initiatives
- Ability to manage multiple competing demands
- Good communication skills and ability to build relationships and work effectively across front, middle and back office
Eames Consulting is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.