We are delighted to be supporting the hiring of a Fund Accounting Manager position for a relatively new entrant into the funds services market and business that is looking to offer an incredibly flexible working environment (ie: work from home as much as you want).
This high growth business has only been operating in the UK for a few years but has already grown to a team of nearly 20 focused on providing outsourced fund and corporate services to a range of alternative investment structures across private equity, private debt and real estate. As the business is new and growing there will be plenty of opportunity to come up with ideas and influence how the business grows, gain genuine recognition for your efforts and progress into a more senior role.
Owing to growth they're looking for a Manager level individual to head up a small team dedicated to servicing a particularly complex listed fund. This role requires someone with strong financial reporting and consolidation experience - ideally from a fund, service provider, practice or from a financial reporting role in industry.
- Manage financial reporting requirements for a listed investment company from more of a reviewing perspective
- Manage the preparation of monthly complex consolidated financial reporting (under IFRS) and quarterly audited consolidated financial statements
- Review wider portfolio financial statements (audited and unaudited);
- Manage and lead a small accounting team of 6 who prepare the bulk of the accounts/reports
- Lead the audit process and manage on-going wider stakeholders reporting requirements
- Review client investment documents to identify and meet ongoing reporting obligations
- Ad-hoc reporting and anlaysis to enable decision making
- Review of VAT and corporate tax returns
- Ensure that the firm's risk management and quality control procedures are adhered to at all times
- Recruit, retain, develop and motivate a team of accountants including planning and resource allocation to meet agreed deliverables
- Project work to drive positive change and improvement to policies and procedures
- Qualified Accountant with experience in a fund, service provider, professional services firm (ie: audit, outsourcing) or in industry in a financial reporting/consolidations based role
- Strong IFRS and consolidations experience
- Excellent attention to detail, ability to prioritise and plan effectively, adopting a logical and methodical approach in order to meet tight deadlines
- Comfortable talking to clients and being externally facing
- Leader and motivator of a professional team; prior people management experience desired
- Encourages and supports others to give their best; understands how different people are motivated and acts accordingly
Salary on offer is £60-65,000 base plus benefits and bonus AS WELL AS plenty of flexibility to work from home and structure your workload around other commitments
Eames Consulting is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.