A high profile, commercial and career propelling opportunity for an experienced Fund Controller or Financial Controller from private equity to join this top tier brand name fund. With a collegiate, supportive, diverse and inclusive culture this company is well known in the private equity space with a high performing finance function and plenty of opportunity to gain progression and promotion into more senior roles.
Owing to a number of successful fund raises in the last 18 months, this newly created Director role will take responsibility for all fund finances for a large pan-European buy out fund. As a senior member of the Fund Finance team the individual will have oversight and mentoring responsibilities for several Fund Accountants within the team and will be expected to contribute to driving team strategy and output.
High level responsibilities:
- Responsibility for all funds finance for this particular fund and its co-investment and carry schemes in a heavily outsourced environment. This will include all investor reporting, cash management, maintenance of fund models and carry waterfall calculations, support to IR and the investment teams from the perspective of the deal closing process and structuring.
- Portfolio company valuations and reporting: ownership over the valuations process (internal as well as external advisers) and support to the portfolio data analysis work stream.
- Support the wider tax, legal and finance team in new fund and carry structuring; forecasting of existing schemes.
- General involvement in broader finance matters, including MI and reporting to the Board and/or Partners and involvement in ad hoc project work such as new fund raises and bank financing processes. Key right hand person to the head of funds finance.
- Champion of best practice with the opportunity to improve what's currently in place and drive new initiatives across the wider finance team.
- Qualified accountant with minimum around 4 to 5 years post qualification experience within the private equity industry or equivalent; in-house experience at a fund is essential.
- Broad experience across operational functions of a private equity manager including legal, tax, investor relations, front office support etc.
- Exposure to valuations and/or carried interest schemes would be helpful but also willing to consider applicants keen to broaden out their funds finance experiences.
- Systems savvy and comfortable in Excel to an advanced level.
- Highly driven and motivated individual, with the ambition to drive change and impact the business.
- Excellent organisational skills; the role requires the individual to be able to manage multiple tasks simultaneously across a variety of products and work streams.
- Highly personable, with the ability to influence and create relationships across the globe. The role will have significant and regular exposure to the Investment Committee and senior members of the operational team.
Eames Consulting is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.