Hugely broad and commercial role at an established UK focused mid market Private Equity house, with a clear succession plan for growth and likelihood this role will evolve into a more senior position within a short space of time. With a credible portfolio of businesses and around 40 or so people, this firm continues to fund raise and is looking to appoint a Fund Controller to oversee all accounting and reporting for a newly raised fund. This will also include additional responsibility for the groups internal management reporting and co-investment vehicles; ideal if you're looking for something that's two third funds focused and a third on the corporate side with plenty of variety and ad hoc project work almost guaranteed.
Working closely with the CFO and Group FC, this role will encompass:
- Oversight for all fund financials, this will include working with the administrator to prepare all investor reports/accounts, annual LP statements, capital calls, draw downs and distributions, carry calculations, investor queries and some support on the valuations and performance analysis side. You'll be supported in the role by a PQ accountant who is responsible for a lot of the hands-on prep.
- Fund tax reporting - from an oversight perspective - and working with external advisors on UK and US tax comps, and other regulatory and stat reporting.
- Investments: monitoring, tracking and reporting on portfolio company financials from a financial/audit perspective.
- Oversight of the corporate management accounts, budgeting/forecasting process (again from a review perspective) as well as reporting on legacy co-invest schemes.
- Supporting the CFO and Group FC with a raft of ad hoc project work.
- Qualified accountant, ACA, CA, ACCA or equivalent, with experience in a similar hands-on fund accounting role either in another fund or in a third party administrator. Direct experience with private equity funds would be an advantage but isn't essential and we're open to seeing people from related asset classes like private debt, real estate, credit or similar - ie: closed-ended funds.
- Likely around the 3 to 5 years plus or equivalent PQE mark with excellent academics and ideally initial training in an accounting firm.
- Positive, hands-on and up beat attitude: this is genuinely a sociable, happy, flexible and honest bunch of people who keep the bar high and are looking for hungry, ambitious and career minded people. Elements of the role will inevitably be quite nitty gritty and repetitive but then on the other side you'll get plenty of exposure to the investment team and deals; ideal if you're looking to build up future FD/CFO credentials.
- Keen eye for detail, continuous improvement mindset, always keen to use systems and tech to their full potential.
As mentioned there is a genuine career path to take on a more senior role within a year or two with salary on offer of £75,000 to £85,000 plus benefits and healthy discretionary bonus. Please apply online for immediate consideration or for more information or a confidential discussion please contact Glen Roberts on email@example.com
Eames Consulting is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.