A brand name UK-based Private Equity fund is urgently looking to appoint an experienced Senior Fund Accountant or Fund Controller into a newly created role, focused purely on deal support and commercial project work. The organisation have a phenomenal track record of developing people internally and the wider Finance and Middle office team is c20+ people strong. Culturally the business is diverse, inclusive and with a high performance culture that ensures the bar is kept high. More importantly they have embraced a flexible approach to work, offering hybrid working for all employees.
Owing to growth in AUM the role is a newly created position and will require a broad understanding of fund operations, investor relations, tax, legal, compliance and transaction support. The immediate responsibilities will be to support an upcoming fund raise and to take a lead role supporting investment teams on transactions. Additional responsibilities will extend to involvement in broader commercial projects and business partnering initiatives.
- Represent the Finance team on future fundraises, managing incoming PPMs and DDQs
- Support the IR team with the preparation of marketing materials for fundraising, roadshows, AIMs, investor updates and other investor communications & manage investor queries
- Support the FD / IR Director with ad hoc special projects
- Lead the fund finance workstream to support the timely acquisitions and disposals of fund assets
- Coordinate deal cashflows including arranging and executing fund level FX trades
- Oversee the capital call and NAV facilities of the fund vehicles
- Support the co-invest and syndication processes
- Manage the onboarding of new fund vehicles
- Review and monitor the terms of fund legal agreements - LPAs, side letters, banking documents, etc.
- Prepare fund outturn models
- Assist with the extension or liquidation of fund vehicles as appropriate
- Support the Fund Accountants with the quarterly reporting process
- Involvement in lots of ad hoc project work
- Qualified accountant (essential) with around 3 to 4 years plus PQE gained in Private Equity or a similar asset class like Infrastructure, Venture Capital, Real Estate or Private Debt
- Experience in-house in a Fund is essential and unfortunately we wouldn't be able to consider people looking for a first move from a fund services business, Big 4 or a similar professional services environment
- Strong Excel skills, ideally with experience of building or tweaking financial models
- Thorough understanding of fund financials, performance measurement and reporting issues
- Highly driven and motivated individual, with the ambition to drive change and impact the business
- Extremely personable, with the ability to influence and create relationships across front, middle and back office; regular contact with the deal teams, IR and FD is to be expected
Salary on offer is in the region of £80-90,000 base plus bonus in the region of 30-50%.
Eames Consulting is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.