A fantastic opportunity to join a growing real estate investor as their Fund Controller in a senior and stand alone position, suited to someone coming from a real estate fund accounting background. The fund has been in existence for more than 10 years and focuses primarily on the UK and European commercial real estate market, with a substantial portfolio of assets (close to 1bn€). More importantly this is a fresh and forward-thinking business, committed to a long term culture of flexibility and empowerment for all employees.
The administration and accounting for the fund companies is outsourced in most cases to offshore third party administrators and the primary focus of this role is to monitor the performance of the administrators and prepare consolidated fund level results.
- Reviewing fund level accounting prepared by third party fund administrators
- Liaising with third party fund administrators and providing assistance where necessary
- Preparing quarterly fund level consolidation and supporting schedules, including eliminating all intercompany transactions
- Preparing monthly fund level consolidation forecasts
- Monitoring and reporting upon KPIs
- Preparing and aggregating fund level budgets
- Preparing the accounting for those holding company entities where the administration is not outsourced
- Updating group wide chart of accounts and accounting policies
- Reviewing and monitoring local fund level statutory filings, including financial statements, tax and VAT reports
- Preparing quarterly bank compliance reporting
- Assisting with ad hoc projects and reporting as required by the Finance Director.
- Qualified accountant - ACA/CA, ACCA, CIMA or equivalent with a background in fund accounting for real estate or property funds ideally already working in-house in a fund
- Knowledge of pan-European fund structures and experience of complex multi-currency consolidations
- Advanced Excel skills
- Robust, driven and a strong work ethic; self motivated, proactive and happy to get involved in ad hoc projects
- Yardi experience preferred but not essential
Salary on offer is in the region of £80-90,000 base plus a healthy discretionary bonus.
Eames Consulting is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.