A fantastic opportunity for a fluent German / English speaker to join the fast-growing Luxembourg office - nearly 40 people - of a global asset manager who specialise in real estate and distressed debt opportunities. This well-known fund manager are looking for a Financial Controller or Fund Controller individual to manage a portfolio of deals and their associated holding companies, from on-boarding through to on-going management and reporting to full involvement in the sale and disposal process. This role would suit someone with a background in real estate funds and transactions, likely gained in an accounting firm, third party administrator or in-house at another real estate manager.
Experience in the Luxembourg market would be helpful but we would definitely welcome applications from people keen to re-locate provided you hold a valid EU Passport or work permit AND are fluent in German and English.
Responsibilities will include:
- Oversight for all fund financial and management accounts, statutory accounts and reporting under relevant GAAPs/IFRS - this is largely outsourced.
- Tax Oversight: management of tax advisors and ensure tax returns (including VAT) are produced for Group and local purposes on a timely basis.
- Manage all reporting and MI packs for third party agents and lenders.
- Cash management and senior fund reporting.
- Transaction management from due diligence to execution, funding, collections and disposal.
- Degree education with at least 10+ years collective experience in a broad and hands on finance role; proven experience in a Financial or Fund Controller position.
- Fluent written and spoken German as well as English.
- Relevant professional qualifications - ACA/CA, ACCA, WP, StB an advantage.
- Real estate fund experience would be ideal gained either in-house at another fund manager or in an accounting/auditing firm or via relevant clients in third party administration/fund services.
- A varied background across Finance, Tax, Operations, Legal and with some understanding of how cross-border transactions work and operate in asset management.
Eames Consulting is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.