A highly commercial and strategic opportunity for an ambitious Fund Controller, suited to someone who is looking to step away from a purely reporting/accounting based role. If you're keen to get closer to the deals and the idea of building a small team of high quality funds finance professionals ticks a few boxes then read on...
The company in question are a force to be reckoned with, having launched several new multi-billion-pound funds in recent years that have always been oversubscribed. They focus on private equity style investments having amassed a portfolio of assets across Europe, the Middle East, Asia and the US with a lot of the grunt work in finance managed by more junior team members. This newly created role will give you plenty of autonomy and freedom to work closely with the investment team, essentially carving out a role that will transverse elements of traditional funds finance and operations, asset management and investment and portfolio analytics.
Brief responsibilities will include:
- Active role in developing strategies to optimise portfolio assets
- Financial due diligence of new target investments including financial appraisal
- Tax structuring of investments
- Active asset management role of fund SPVs
- Business partnering; providing financial expertise, review and structuring advice to the deal teams
- Review of fund management information produced by your team including fund accounting and investor reporting
- Review and interrogation of financial models
The ideal candidate will be:
- A fully qualified accountant - ACA/CA, ACCA, ACMA or equivalent - with proven experience in a funds finance role for closed-end fund structures across any asset class, ie: private equity, infra, real estate, debt etc.
- Excellent academics are preferred familiarity with financial models and the ability to interpret and manipulate data
- Excellent interpersonal skills and confident talking to investment professionals as well as a range of stakeholders internally and externally
- Strong desire to learn and constantly seek to improve and better yourself, both professionally and personally
Salary on offer is £80-85,000 base plus benefits and exceptional bonus potential. For immediate consideration please apply online or for more information or a confidential discussion please apply below or contact me for more information.
Eames Consulting is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.