I am currently working with a Venture Capital firm that is looking to appoint a Fund Finance professional into its finance team based in Central London.
After another successful fundraise, the firm is looking to expand its closely knit team of four with a further hire which will report directly to the Chief Financial Officer.
Thanks to a highly fluid environment, responsibilities will vary greatly from day to day and there is an exciting opportunity to mould this role to your choosing due to the heavy project spin. Time will be split evenly between finance and project focused work which will include some of the following:
- Reviewing externally produced fund accounts and maintaining the relationship with the third-party administrators
- Portfolio reporting, analytics and valuations
- Supporting the Financial Controller with reporting for the management entity
- Liquidity and treasury management
- Fund modelling
The project work will largely be focused on transformation and financial analysis to help drive the business forward. Of course, the nature of this half of the role will mean you will also be partaking in plenty of ad hoc work for various areas of the business, including front office and investor relations.
This is a hands-on role where the incumbent will have the opportunity to get heavily stuck into the detail and inner workings of a VC fund providing an excellent pedestal for long term FD/CFO progression.
Our requirements include:
- Must be a qualified accountant (ACA/ACCA/CIMA or equivalent) - ideally with over 18 months post qualified experience
- Must be familiar with Private Equity fund structures; this can be from auditing Private Equity funds or direct experience in a Fund.
- Consistently strong academic background
- Excellent interpersonal skills are essential as you'll be dealing with key senior stakeholders on a day to day basis.
Apply online for immediate consideration or get in touch directly with Thomas Davenport at Eames Consulting for more information.
Eames Consulting is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.