My client is one of the largest investment firms in the UK and Europe. They are looking for a Fund Managers Assistant to provide front office operational support to the business management team and administrative support to investment fund managers within the equities team ensuring controls are appropriately managed.
- Responsible for the effective implementation of daily operational controls and processes relating to the management of the funds ensuring the successful operational management of the portfolios.
- Maintain procedures and policy relating to the fund management business. Individuals will be required to produce and maintain how to guides for the core function of their role.
- Understand the operational challenges faced within front office and work with senior management to improve key controls, ensuring risks are understood and processes are appropriately implemented.
- Close liaison with compliance and risk, particularly around breach management and new instruments.
- Provide support to the business management team in the operational set up of any new client business, including reviewing IMAs and ensuring that fund managers are aware of the investment restrictions on the funds.
- Liaise, resolve issues and represent the equities department with other departments, including information systems and investment operations.
Fund manager support responsibilities:
- Responsible for assisting the fund managers to ensure portfolios adhere to relevant regulation and fund mandates through the effective implementation of operational controls.
- Portfolio monitoring and risk reporting, reverting to the operational risk and compliance teams to ensure all internal and external rules are complied with and any breaches are managed and rectified.
- Provide support for fund managers, including assistance with the order generation, management currency balances and FX transactions and adding operational control to the derivatives process.
- Maintain desk procedures, how-to guides and risk registers, ensuring the processes and controls are captured and adhered to by those involved in the investment process.
- Ad hoc support for fund managers.
- Provide operational assistance to internal change projects within the equites front office, to ensure requirements are captured and delivered to the users, minimising impact to the investment teams. Responsible for the testing and sign-off of completed projects.
- Support training and competence activities on the desk.
- Provide input to report production for other departments (e.g. investment reporting team at month end).
- Provide cover for other fund manager assistants (when necessary)
Requirements and experience:
This role is ideally suited to someone who can demonstrate:
- Knowledge of multiple asset classes (Equities, FX and Derivatives).
- A good understanding of investment products and the asset management industry.
- Bright, enthusiastic and proactive. Due to the nature of the role, a self-starter is essential.
- Numerate, logical and analytical approach, with a mathematical discipline at A-level/degree.
- IMC or CFA Level 1 qualified.
- Able to work effectively under pressure, to tight deadlines with a high level of accuracy and attention to detail.
- Good communication skills, both written and verbal, and able to liaise effectively with personnel at all levels.
- Experience in relevant related asset management role preferable, as is experience of directly supporting fund managers.
- Experience in an operational environment and an understanding of risk mitigation and controls.
- Experience of supporting of segregated client mandates or collective fund mandates is preferable.
- Experience of managing complicated processes with a focus on risk reduction, standardisation and automation.
- Experience of maintaining procedural documentation.
- P.C. literate, especially competent with MS Excel and preferably previous exposure to order management systems or UAT work.