Cloud security architect
London, Hybrid (depending on client's needs)
My client looking for is an experienced Cloud Architect, with hands on delivery background and strong stakeholder management.
You will work in the cloud practice for the UK business, acting as a technology expert, mentor and team lead on client facing projects as well as helping to improve service offerings.
- Help define and implement cloud offerings in client facing engagements.
- Work collaboratively with project delivery leads and cloud engineers to effectively deliver the required levels of quality for the customer solutions.
- You will join a project engineering team and focus on adding design and hands-on expertise, ensuring outcomes meet the highest technical and agile standards.
- Help to identify opportunities within client sites to help drive sales.
- Engage in pre-sales activities for both new business and existing customers.
- Develop a view of various architecture domains covering applications, information, security and infrastructure working with other specialists
- Socialise the architecture artefacts and work closely with the design and delivery teams to help them understand the architecture and guide them through the delivery lifecycle.
- Participate in various governance forums to get approval for the architecture artefacts and also present possible options to resolve any ongoing architecture challenges
- Support innovation and thought leadership from a technical standpoint both internally and externally to support business strategy
- Help drive tech brand in the market, by contributing white papers, blogs and tech articles
- Keep track of tech trends in the industry and identify competitive advantages
Competencies and skills needed:
- Demonstrable experience as a cloud architect for a technology, enterprise or consulting organisation
- Extensive experience with architecture frameworks (e.g. TOGAF)
- Hands-on experience of using modern architecture patterns and familiarity with the development and delivery of architectures in both Service and System-Oriented Environments Strong leadership skills
- Strong communicator
- Strategic thinking-ability to execute the company tech strategy
- Strong team player and collaborator
- Stakeholder management
- Technical skills need to be current, including extensive cloud knowledge in at least one of the major cloud vendors; covering infrastructure, security, HA/DR, Logging & monitoring, CI/CD
- Proficiency in at least one of the following; Terraform, ARM, CloudFormation, powershell, python
- Mentoring skills
- Any previous experience in mergers and acquisitions a plus.
Preferred skills and competencies:
- Demonstrable experience designing cloud native architecture
- Capable of clearly articulating technical designs and reasons for the choices
- Architecture certifications in at least 1 of the 3 major cloud providers
Eames Consulting is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.