Great opportunity for a seasoned candidate to join the Global Programmes function of this global insurer. Working closely with the Head of Function to continue the growth of their Global Programme capabilities. This opportunity will involve significant internal and external stakeholder management, liaising with a number of external brokers and local insurers, as well as internally across a broad range of functions.
- Work with the Global Programmes team on the ongoing design, build and implementation of global programmes capabilities, across all offices and all lines of business.
- Provide close support to internal and external stakeholders as a subject matter expert for Global Programmes and cross border insurance and reinsurance business
- Understand and comply with local regulations and insurance requirements across multiple jurisdictions and lines of business.
- Devise and implement underwriting, operational and governance procedures for Global Programmes.
- Provide expert Global Programmes training to internal and external stakeholders
- Provide subject matter expert input and oversight on Global Programmes accounts and across all business as usual activities
- Co-ordinate the development of relevant IT systems to provide a user friendly platform for internal and external stakeholders.
- Develop and maintain positive relationships with brokers and external local insurers around the world.
- Work closely with Focus Group Leaders, underwriters, claims managers, finance, operations and compliance staff to understand business priorities and adapt global programmes strategy accordingly.
- Provide subject matter expert support to internal and external stakeholders for Global Programmes development activities as well as daily 'business as usual' activities
- Leverage networking opportunities within the business to develop standardised global programmes underwriting policy, governance and best practice
- Create educational policy and disseminate global programmes knowledge widely throughout all lines of business.
Skills & Knowledge
- Minimum graduate level education, ideally within a finance, economics or legal discipline
- Experience within the insurance industry, including cross-border insurance and reinsurance business
- Knowledge of the considerations and requirements driven by insurance laws, regulations and IPT across a variety of territories
- Broad understanding of insurance wordings, how they function and their related coverages
- Demonstrated ability to build strong relationships with a wide range of stakeholders
- Accurate and numerate
- Computer skills - good working knowledge of MS Office
- Strong analytical skills with attention to detail
- Able to communicate effectively with others, both verbally and in writing; experienced presenter
- Excellent relationship management skills
- This is an exceptional role that will shape their programme capabilities moving forward.
We are looking for individuals with previous exposure to supporting complex global insurance lines business, and a solid understanding of cross border business.
Eames Consulting is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.