We are currently working with an exciting global medical health insurance company in looking for a leader for their underwriting functions.
With a head office based here in HK the role will oversee global underwriting and a sizeable book of business. This is a great opportunity for someone with experience in leading a high performing team to develop their career in a global leadership role with the growing IPMI space.
- Oversee global underwriting and portfolio growth
- Lead product design and pricing as well as relationship development
- Establish, implement underwriting guidelines and manuals
- Ensure that the company has a competitive edge in the industry; working on innovation and technological advances with IPMI and digital
- Oversee a team of experienced underwriters and conducting performance analysis
- Produce policy wording and have some input on claims
- As part of leadership team; work on strategy and division planning across own department plus sales, operations, claims and marketing
- Maintain a high level of service to all external and internal partners
- Offer training, mentorship and advice to junior team members
- 10 years of underwriting experience
- Good understanding of medical and/or health insurance ideally IPMI
- Excellent leadership with proven track record of developing teams
- Good understanding of regulatory functions, insurance law, contract wordings and binding authority with reinsurance companies.
- Good knowledge of market technologies and how to implement them
- Strong communicator who can engage well internally and externally
- Regional knowledge of APAC market
- Commercial astuteness and ability to think outside of the box for problem solving and client solutions
- Candidate based in Hong Kong will get priority