Growing National GI broker are seeking a Group Conduct Officer to join their Compliance function. This role can be based from any of their offices across the UK and will involve working with a wide range of senior stakeholders, partnering with the businesses and as such travel to a range of UK destinations will be required.
This role partners with their Specialty Division, which primarily consists of broking businesses that deal directly with commercial customers, however there are some areas of personal lines, some wholesale cases as well as other niche areas.
Given the growth of the business and a firm intent to increase both UK and overseas footprint, there will be opportunities to broaden horizons, learn, gain a unique career experience and be a part of building and shaping our business.
This role also plays an important role in the identification, escalation and management of regulatory issues and breaches.
Effective regulatory business partnering, advice and oversight is key to strengthening 1LOD capability, making sure new acquisitions meet requirements and working in an oversight capacity within the company's overarching governance function. Working with the business, this role plays a key role in aiding the 1LOD's understanding of regulation and its application to their operation, helping them develop client centric compliant solutions and delivering challenge to the business on matters. This is accomplished through regular and close contact with the business and 1LoD and by:
- Providing guidance and advice on existing and future regulation, regulatory policies and frameworks
- Delivering briefings and training on key regulatory topics and issues
- Guidance and advice on improvement actions, potential breaches and root cause analysis
- Reviewing compliance and business performance MI to aid challenge
- Ensuring a regulatory perspective is brought to key business forums, initiatives and projects
- Providing a key input to the firm's assessment of regulatory risks as part of its ERM framework
- Supporting business SMFs and Certified individuals as part of SMCR
- Guidance and advice following reviews of the business from internal or external sources
- Support and guide the businesses with integration related activities.
- Have excellent communication (verbal and written) and be an effective 'regulatory translator' i.e. take complex regulation and make it accessible, understandable and relevant to the business so they have clarity on what is required, and what they need to do
- Be solution orientated
- Have attention to detail but have the ability to take a high-level view
- Deliver engaging, practically orientated compliance training
- Have excellent stakeholder management skills and be able to build and maintain strong relationships with the business, while also maintaining an appropriate level of professional distance
- Be able to act as a 'critical friend' to the business, delivering constructive challenge and identifying solutions to address issues that are identified
- Have a strong understanding of the UK's regulatory regime as it applies to general insurance activities
Eames Consulting is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.