High growth private equity fund operating in a niche part of the market is urgently looking to appoint a Group Financial Controller into the number 2 spot supporting the CFO. This is a genuinely broad and hands-on role suited to someone coming from a background in corporate accounting in funds, alternatives or financial services, and would be a crucial member of a small but highly integrated finance team in a firm with a 10 year+ track record of successful fund raises and exits.
The management/holding co has a number of UK and overseas entities, necessitating a group structure and as such this role would appeal to someone who enjoys a technical yet commercial role in a fast paced deal environment.
High level responsibilities:
- Day to day oversight for all monthly accounting across around 10 entities including transactional and book keeping (oversight), month end close, VAT returns, managing the treasury function and liquidity (e.g. ensuring cash is in the right entity at the right time).
- Overseeing the production and accuracy of monthly management reports including expenditure versus budget and forecast, cashflow actuals and forecast, divergence analysis, commentary and consolidation.
- Preparation of financials for monthly Board packs, including financial analysis.
- Managing the year-end audit process per entity including main POC for auditors and other external parties.
- Preparation of FCA regulatory returns.
- Continuous improvement to controls, processes and outputs.
- Ad-hoc project assistance.
- Qualified accountant - ACA, CA, ACCA, ACMA, CPA or equivalent - with a background in a similar senior corporate accounting position at Finance Manager or Financial Controller level and around 7 to 10 years total work experience or similar.
- Industry exposure to funds or alternatives is preferred however we're also open to people from the wider financial services sector provided you've worked in a smaller to medium sized business.
- A strong continuous improvement mindset, especially around systems and better use of automation to reduce the need for too many spreadsheets.
- Advanced Excel skills and ideally some exposure to cloud based accounting software packages.
- An outgoing and positive mind-set; self-motivated, with the drive and energy to achieve success.
- A sense of humour combined with resilience, patience and robustness - able to take the rough with the smooth.
- Salary on offer is between £80-90,000 base plus benefits and bonus.
Eames Consulting is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.