I'm delighted to be supporting a well-known brand name Global Private Equity firm with a newly created senior hire, aimed at bringing together their corporate accounting teams globally under one new 'Head of' appointment. This opportunity is suited to people across financial services, professional services and commerce and industry, representing a rare chance to move sector with experience working in private equity or alternatives not essential.
The business has invested heavily in its finance function (through systems, processes and people) in the last few years and this role will be integral to achieving the goal of creating a first class financial and group reporting function. The primary day to day responsibility will be to oversee all aspects of the Group's accounting and financial reporting function, across several offices and jurisdictions. The role is a newly created position and will require a broad but detailed understanding of corporate accounting and related systems and processes. It is likely that the successful candidate will be able to bring significant corporate or financial accounting experience from a FTSE or large multi-national equivalent institution and apply them as appropriate to a dynamic partner led private equity firm. The successful candidate will be expected to review and develop robust financial processes and controls and to ensure their application.
Managing and motivating a diverse team will be an important part of the role and it is expected that this role would have 10+ direct and indirect reports, with the likelihood of growing the team over the next few years due to expansion. Experience of managing teams remotely is key as well as the company has operations (and a Finance presence) in various offices in the UK/Europe, US and Asia. This is likely to be a heavily business facing role, both internally across the firm and externally with advisers and as such we're looking for someone with impressive communication skills and an adaptable and diplomatic personality.
The ideal candidate is likely to be:
- A qualified accountant with minimum of 10+ years PQE or equivalent within a corporate environment in a medium to large sized business, ie: FTSE, global multi-national etc. You need to be used to a deadline driven and fast-paced environment where change is embraced regularly.
- A proven people leader, manager and coach with exceptional organisational skills.
- Strong understanding of financial accounting and reporting processes essential including complex group consolidations; significant experience of foreign exchange and other multi-jurisdictional financial reporting matters.
- Proven experience of leading successful change management initiatives within an organisation, whether that be through systems implementation, team restructuring, process improvements etc.
- Highly personable, with the ability to influence and create relationships at all levels across the Group. The role will have significant and regular exposure to the CFO, COO and other senior members of the operational team including Partners and as such requires an open minded, positive and engaging personality.
Longer term there will be ample opportunity to progress and take on additional responsibilities via promotion or expansion of role as the Group continues to raise additional funds and grow its corporate profile.
Please apply online for immediate consideration or for a confidential discussion/questions, please contact Glen Roberts at Eames Consulting Group on email@example.com
Eames Consulting is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.