A Head of Branch role has arisen within a leading middle eastern bank here in London. This renowned bank are a sought after employer due to their strong reputation in the markets they operate aswell as being financially strong, and a rewarding place to work.
The manager will be responsible for the management all of the activites within the branch including line management of staff.
Key duties are as follows:
- The management of Priority and Private Banking customer portfolios, account strategies, target market and risk acceptance criteria, credit due diligence, and general account management of financing and non-financing relationships.
- Managing the branch front office and the teller services to maximize new business opportunities and strengthen existing relationships, while providing quality service delivery. To run the customer facing functions in an efficient manner under pristine controls in compliance with Islamic Sharia principles.
- The responsibility for implementing the Bank's AML Policy, procedures and staff training, ensuring that KYC, CDD / EDD due diligence and AML issues relating to the customer's wealth and proposed activity are investigated and recorded prior to an account being established. The Branch Head will ensure that all new customers are risk
assessed prior to opening the account and conduct regular reviews of customer accounts based
on the categorisation i.e. PEP, High, and Medium & Low Risk, are performed.
- The Branch Head mandate also includes business development with Group's Priority and
Private Banking clients in the UK
- The job-holder will be a Certified Person under the PRA /FCA Senior Managers and Certification Regime.
Relevant skills/experience required
- Arabic speaker
- Previous experience of managing a bank branch in the UK
- Recognised Compliance qualification and experience of handling AML / Compliance related activity in the UK for 3rd world client accounts
- Strong knowledge and understanding of branch functions
- Strong written and verbal communication skills in English and Arabic
- Islamic banking qualification would be an advantage
- Experience Managing Relationship Managers and Tellers
- Able to act as an agent of change, continuously looking for opportunities for improvement and
develop compliant strategies and plans for change
- Is tenacious and demonstrates effort and determination to overcome challenges and obstacles
in order to achieve results and responds in a positive manner to barriers, setbacks and
If you are interested in this role please apply below or contact me for more information.
Eames Consulting is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.