Incredibly commercial and career propelling opportunity for an aspiring Finance Director or CFO of the future, with the chance to lead on all finance matters at this diverse and inclusive boutique asset manager. Please note a background in financial services - ideally in funds management or private equity - is essential for this role.
With a host of award winning products under their belt and year on year growth in AUM, this is a phenomenal opportunity for someone looking for a genuinely career enhancing role that offers plenty of autonomy from day one and the chance to be mentored by an incredibly well respected CFO. More importantly this is a fresh and forward-thinking company, committed to a long term culture of flexibility and empowerment for all employees.
This is a key hire to underpin the next stage of growth for the business and candidates will have experience of managing cyclical financial reporting requirements including leading budgeting and forecasting processes, as well as liaising with external auditors. As a regulated business, you will take responsibility for the company's financial reporting to the FCA and preparation of the annual ICAAP, so previous experience in a regulated industry would be preferred. The role also includes significant exposure to the firms private equity operations and you will be responsible for delivering all reporting for a number of fund structures, including involvement in the biannual portfolio valuations.
High level responsibilities:
Management and leadership
- Responsibility for all financial elements of the business, deputising for the CFO and taking the lead on cross-functional projects
- Lead role on biannual external audits
- Line management and development of an accountant
- Maintaining a robust financial control environment
Financial and management reporting
- Lead preparation of annual budget and 3 Year Plan
- Responsibility for the preparation of monthly management accounts and KPIs, presenting to CFO
- Lead monthly reforecasting and cost reviews with budget owners
- Responsibility for the preparation of statutory accounts, corporation tax and VAT returns
- Responsibility for FCA filings and maintaining annual ICAAP
- Identify and implement enhancements to management information
- Responsibility for the preparation of all management and financial reporting for a number of fund structures
- Work with Private Equity team to prepare biannual valuation of portfolio investments
- Partner with Investor Services and Private Equity teams to determine allocation of new investments
- Strong academic record and formal accounting qualifications - ACA or CA qualified preferred or equivalent
- Around 7 to 8 years PQE or similar including experience in a business partnering and/or financial reporting role
- Experience in a small to medium sized company within financial services is essential - a bonus if you're coming from asset or wealth management or alternative investments like private equity
- Strong team player, independent thinker with gravitas, commercially minded and street smart
- Willingness to get stuck in, roll up your sleeves and cover a broad range of responsibilities and tasks
Salary on offer is in the region of £100-120,000 base plus a healthy discretionary bonus
Eames Consulting is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.