An incredibly rewarding and career propelling opportunity for an experienced Funds Finance individual to lead the finance function at a London based venture capital fund, focused on seed and series A investments. With the firm currently in investment mode off the back of a successful 2021 fund raise, this is the optimum time to join this fun, sociable and high performing team. The role is dynamic, needing good judgement and a strategic outlook and someone who likes getting involved in the day to day as well as higher level functions.
High level responsibilities will include:
- Lead in developing the fund's finance operations including overseeing, managing and optimising the relationship with service providers on the fund accounting and management company accounting side.
- Quarterly management accounts and forecasts.
- Overseeing tax reporting for investors and the fund.
- Oversight for all fund financials and investor reporting.
- Managing transaction fees and recharges between legal entities and portfolio companies.
- Financial analysis of inbound investments.
- Responsibility for maintaining and reporting on portfolio company data and KPIs.
- Track industry performance benchmarks.
- Fund performance and waterfall calculations; manage the carry vehicle.
- Compliance oversight responsibilities as the dedicated compliance contact for the FCA.
- Involvement in a raft of ad hoc projects and random unpredictable bits and pieces.
- Qualified accountant - ACA, CA, ACCA, ACMA, CPA or equivalent - with experience in-house at a venture capital, private equity fund or similar; probably around the 4-5 years PQE+ mark.
- Ideally a background in fund accounting / funds finance.
- Excellent academics and a proven track record of upwards career progression.
- Commercially astute, articulate and technically strong, with the ability to operate at both strategic and operational levels; confidence to assume a sole finance position within the Fund.
Hybrid working is on offer (2-3 days in the office expectation) in addition to a host of other lifestyle benefits (free lunches), healthy bonus and participation in the carry scheme.
Salary on offer is c£80,000 to £100,000 base depending on experience with the ability to flex the level of the hire.
Eames Consulting is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.