Eames Consulting Group is working in exclusive partnership with a highly entrepreneurial and pioneering medium sized Insurance Business seeking to appoint a Head of Financial Accounting & Reporting. Owing to growth they're looking to appoint a technically astute head of finance level candidate into a newly created role. This pivotal senior leadership position would broadly manage all internal and external financial reporting, forming an integral part of the executive management team of this impressive business.
Responsibilities will encompass:
- Oversight of all monthly and quarterly internal financial and management reporting;
- Management of the annual audit and interim and year end external reporting process including consolidated/group accounts under local GAAPs and IFRS;
- Maintain all accounting policies and procedures - working with advisers where necessary;
- Stakeholder management including a number of high profile external providers (audit, tax etc);
- Management and leadership of a small Finance team;
- Significant involvement in ad hoc project work.
The preferred candidate will be:
- Qualified Accountant - ideally ACA/CA trained in a large accounting firm - with relevant financial reporting experience in the Insurance sector (essential). This may not necessarily be your current firm but you must have worked at some point in the financial reporting team of a complex and European/Global Insurance business;
- Alternatively you could be a Senior Manager, AD or Director in Audit or Accounting Advisory in the Insurance division of a Big 4 firm or equivalent looking for a first move into industry;
- Strong technical awareness of IFRS and implications in the insurance sector;
- Adept at managing internal and external stakeholders in a corporate and complex business.
Salary and package on offer is well above the market average in addition to the opportunity to create and build your own team in a highly unique and dynamic business. Please apply online for immediate consideration or for more information or an initial confidential discussion then please contact Glen Roberts on 07506 657265 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Eames Consulting is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.