Leading Challenger Bank is currently looking for a Head of Hedge Accounting to join their head office team in London. The role also including oversight of the Valuation & MI Reporting function and is an ideal opportunity for a hedge accounting specialist who is looking for a broader Treasury Finance managerial role.
- Line Management responsibility of four controllers
- Lead all technical discussions on the bank’s hedge accounting policies
- Key role in Managing hedge accounting related projects
- Identify and develop solutions, strategies and models to manage P&L volatility in line with accounting standards
- Perform valuations for treasury products such as different types of swaps, bonds, repos and FX
- Oversight of production of daily P&L reporting for treasury products
- Oversee production of monthly MI reporting for hedge accounting and treasury products
- Analyse and explain hedge ineffectiveness of P&L volatility management
- Proven experience in hedge accounting role within the banking industry.
- Strong technical hedging experience including interest rates derivatives/money markets knowledge
- Fundamental understanding of Treasury Valuations and MI Reporting.
- Strong academic background - minimum 2:1 degree from a leading university.
- Qualified Accountant - Ideally ACA gained from a top 10 practice
- Proven managerial experience in your current role
The role will involve daily interaction with key stakeholders across the business and it is therefore essential you have exceptional interpersonal skills and a strong ability to identify process improvements. This role offers realistic progression to Head of Treasury Finance in the future.
If you are interested in this role, please apply below or contact me for more information.