My client based in Basingstoke is looking for a Head of IT Operations. The successful candidate will join the heart of the business, working as part of a vibrant and fast-paced technology team and will have exposure to a variety of new and exciting projects. With a range of exciting projects and changes under way the technology department is rapidly expanding and you will play a key role in the on-boarding of new members of the team, whilst delivering on a range of different infrastructure projects whilst ensuring high availability of Technology solutions.
In this managerial role you will run an evolving team providing facilitating smooth operations. The role reports directly into the IT Director and has responsibility for.:
- Core infrastructure services (Server infrastructure, networks and firewalls) and any middleware services
- Desktop support including collaboration tools
- Core applications support for key business applications. This includes troubleshooting, user support and training and elements of small change
You will run daily checks of all the systems (security checks, health and performance checks of servers etc) as well as acting as prime focal point for any technological issues (Applications, Infrastructure and Network). You will run problem and incident management to successful root cause repair and also protect the systems estate by acting as the gatekeeper for change and service introduction. To ensure Castle Trust stays at the forefront of tech you will keep an eye on the market and ensure we aren't being left behind.
You will also gatekeep changes to the production environments from the development teams to ensure that changes have been properly tested, run books have been updated and that services can be introduced successfully with positive business impact.
- Broad range of infrastructure experience (networking, firewalls etc)
- Broad understanding at a high level, of applications, especially Banking applications (lending, Savings, Treasury and Payments)
- Cloud infrastructure experience
- Experience working with Office 365
- Scaled networks MPLS experience
- Analytical and numerate
Strong communication skills both to business colleagues, executives, 3rd party suppliers as well as the Technology Department
Passionate about customer service (internal and external)
If you are interested in this role, please apply below or contact me for more information.
Eames Consulting is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.