An established and growing boutique Property Asset Manager is looking to appoint an Operations Director to take responsibility for the operational and corporate administration functions of the business, its flagship Jersey-based fund and future fund ventures. This is an excellent opportunity to join a professional and well-funded real estate development, investment and asset management business and will require a focused, self-sufficient team player with a resourceful approach to a broad remit of business management work streams. Exposure to senior management, shareholders and investors will be gained from the outset along with exposure to a fast-paced entrepreneurial atmosphere with opportunity for rapid career development to COO for the right candidate.
- Take ownership for the operational venture management functions
- Manage all operational and administrative work streams with Jersey domiciled trustees
- Oversee fund administration and compliance to ensure smooth operation of investor approvals process and maintenance of fund documentation
- Take responsibility for corporate compliance with regard to the regulatory environment and corporate policies
- Lead the firms compliance and health and safety program, review and improve corporate policies, implement and maintain firm-wide governance initiatives
- Sit on the quarterly Risk Committee to report on all aspects of corporate risk controls
- Manage the FCA regulatory host; on-board in house FCA regulation house in due course
- Develop the Finance and Operations manual - an internal operating guide for best-in-class fund operations, governance and compliance
- Prepare documentation for the Board and other internal Committee meetings
- Take responsibility for operational elements of the office and human resources
- Oversee induction and required compliance training for all existing and new employees
- Recruit and manage additional operations team members when required
- Experience of working in a Compliance, Corporate Governance or Legal/Company Secretariat function within a Property or Real Estate Fund (essential)
- Full competence in Compliance / Corporate Risk Management with at least 5-8 years' experience or equivalent in a FCA regulated firm
- Strong communication, planning and organisational skills
- Exemplary communication skills, both verbal and written, along with the ability to work independently and with fellow employees across all levels as part of a transaction driven team to specific deadlines
Salary on offer is £100-120,000 base plus benefits and bonus. Please note this role is based in Central London with the client keen for people to be office based 3 to 4 days a week.
Eames Consulting is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.