My client is a global insurance provider of uniquely tailored risk-management solutions and business underwriting, offering niche insurance to businesses and their clients, focussing on underserved markets in the areas of SME commercial business, property, casualty, extended warranty and speciality programmes.
They are operating globally with over 2000 employees in 38 locations across 25 countries; their commitment to excellence is the common thread connecting each of the parent company's businesses.
Through their Lloyds syndicates, they deliver high-quality bespoke solutions, backed by outstanding financial security for a wide range of risks in the UK and around the world.
The Enterprise Project Management Team - International Lead is a member of the Global Enterprise Project Management Office within the department of Global Technology and Operations.
The successful candidate will have responsibility for people management of the International Project Management resources. They are responsible for the overall project management capability, providing leadership, coordination and management of the team processes and functions. The role supervises the team that provides project management services to both IT and non-IT stakeholders and partners. Key responsibilities include: leading & supporting project managers, helping to define methodologies, tools, templates and processes for change within International (with both IT, non-IT, and business partners) in combination with the global ePMO and other IT teams, and building and maintaining the people capability through the direct management of the project management team.
This senior role offers the opportunity to manage a motivated team of project resources currently working on both technology and business-facing projects.
As a senior technical and management member of the department this role provides the opportunity to significantly influence the future direction and effectiveness of the department. To apply for this role, you must have extensive experience in leading teams and developing people capability, with practical experience of delivery in project management. You must also have experience in various software development lifecycle approaches and methodologies, requirements analysis, and delivery and analysis methods.
Essential Job Functions
- Manage project managers from a reporting structure perspective
- Collaborate with other ePMO and IT leadership team members to ensure change processes support the effective transition of projects into and through delivery phases
- Lead change team to identify trial and implement process improvement ideas
- Plan and assign resources to support approved initiatives
- Address capability gaps within the team through development plans and training
- Support and act as a point of escalation for project teams when undertaking tasks related to change
- Provide on-going support to ensure the continued personal development of direct reports
- Support management of and planning for the department programme of work
- Support project resource scheduling and department capacity planning
- Provide expert advice to internal customers through consultancy tasks
- Contribute to the definition of departmental strategy and progression of any allocation strategic objectives
- Support the maturity of the demand process including input and advice on operational improvements
Qualifications and Experience
This role is suitable for individuals coming from a background, or with substantial experience, in the insurance industry, preferably within the Lloyds market.
As an international lead, the successful candidate will require sustained experience at director level, or managing a large complex programme and portfolio of work.
You will need:
- Extensive knowledge of project management standards, processes, procedures and guidelines
- Experience working with a global team
- Experience in building a professional change capability within a global organisation
- Extensive knowledge of the insurance industry project management best practices
- Strong people management skills, the ability to lead and influence others
- Self-starter who can work with remote oversight and direction
- Significant practical experience leading and managing system development projects
- Project management qualification in Prince II or PMI
- Advanced skills in the use of project management software to manage projects (e.g., MS Project and auxiliary tools, such as earned value database, audit tools, project repository, including risk, issues and action items database, Metrics and Control)
- Significant practical experience in a variety of software development approaches including Agile, RUP and Waterfall
- Experience in requirements elicitation and analysis and process development and improvement
- Strong facilitation and coaching skills
- Excellent interpersonal, written and oral communication skills
- Experience in working with and influencing all levels of seniority
- Business Competence & Technical Knowledge
- Very strong leadership Capabilities
- Experience Managing Performance
If you are interested in this role please apply below or contact me for more information.
Eames Consulting is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.