Global technology focused financial services firm are seeking seasoned compliance professionals to join their growing business in Hong Kong and Singapore.
Based in Hong Kong, this role will play a critical role working as part of this growing legal and compliance team supporting our international business.
Work closely with our regulatory team, and other legal and compliance professionals, in addition to business and operation teams. You will drive regulatory advocacy and engagement strategies with various regulatory agencies for our international businesses.
The ideal candidate will be a confident self-starter with strong interpersonal and analytical skills, and demonstrate the ability to effectively and proactively exercise good judgment and partner with the business in a fast paced environment as well as cultural adaptability.
- Develop the regulatory reform strategy and lead advocacy efforts with regulators and government agencies across our international footprint.
- Support the head of international compliance in developing and maintaining our global regulatory engagement program, working closely with regional heads of compliance.
- Collaborate with legal and compliance teams to coordinate domestic and international regulatory reform lobbying strategies on payments, e-money and mobile technology.
- Participate actively in regulatory reform discussions and consultations, providing thought leadership in shaping regulatory policy discussions
- Proactively identify, build and deepen trusted relations with external stakeholders, including local regulators and government officials, industry associations and peers.
- Delivering timely and high quality reporting and intelligence on regulatory policy changes
- JD or Bachelor Degree in accounting, business or finance or equivalent work experience.
- Prior legal training and/or work experiences strongly preferred.
- At least 10-15 years of relevant regulatory compliance or similar experience.
- Strong regulatory/compliance knowledge and skills.
- Knowledge of FINTECH, mobile technology, payment systems, money transmitter licensing and stored value licensing and similar legal and regulatory requirements
- Strong leadership and communication skills and a team player (yet the ability to work independently) who can work under pressure and inspire confidence in others.
- Excellent command of both spoken and written English and Mandarin Chinese.
- Experience with e-commerce, payments or financial services preferred.
- Substantial business travels (in Asia and internationally) to be expected.